Here are some of the week’s best small business marketing blog posts. They are categorized by the four spots of The Marketing Circle of Life. Enjoy and be educated.
|Photo credit: Flickr photo by phunkstarr|
Promotion: Mobile Search Capability a Critical Issue for Business Web Sites on the Sesimi local search engine marketing blog. Is the mobile internet revolution coming? Seems to be. Maybe it’s time you started thinking about a mobile-friendly website. In two weeks I’m heading out to SMX Local/Mobile in San Francisco to learn more. Also, coming soon on The Marketing Spot, the coming mobile revolution and how you should prepare for it.
Branding: Economy Changes Customer Value Perception by Leigh Duncan-Durst on Marketing Profs Daily Fix. Gas prices are rising and cutting into consumer disposable income. How will that affect consumer value perception? It’s time to start thinking about your brand’s value proposition.
Conversation: Permission Marketing Revisted by Valeria Maltoni on Conversation Agent. Word of mouth is a beautiful thing. But it’s not new. Given the people place more trust in their friends and peers rather than traditional advertising, how should you adjust your marketing. Valeria offers some advice on permission marketing.
Experience: Customer Disservice: Policies That Repel Customers by George Krueger and Mary-Lynn Foster on Bigg Success. Can your bathroom make, or cost you money? More importantly, are you creating policies for the 3% exceptions to the rule, while punishing the other 97% of your customer base. Listen to this podcast to find out how to stop flushing money down the toilet.
Bonus Link: This week I also contributed a guest post to Drew McLellan’s Marketing Minute. You may want to check out The Case for Frequency. Are we sacrificing effective old-school marketing techniques at the altar of new media? You may want to hear what your brain says about that.
Coming This Week on The Marketing Spot
We continue Build Your Marketing Plan month with Experience. On Tuesday, July 15, we’ll cover how to map the customer experience. On Thursday, July 17, you’ll learn how to add magic spots to the customer experience.