Episode #10 of Power to the Small Business:
The internet show about small business marketing.
Cracking the PR Code, Part 1: The Code Crackers
This is first of a special, two-part series on getting publicity for your small business. See Part 2: The DNA of Publicity
Have you ever seen a story in the newspaper or a TV news segment featuring a local business and wonder, “How did they do that?” It’s not as difficult as you think, you just have to know the code. On this episode we feature two people who have captured the publicity most businesses crave, but can’t seem to get.
Listen as they give insight into how they cracked the PR Code.
Gary Vaynerchuk – Wine Library TV
Tina Malone – Cody Malone, Pro Bass Angler
Length: 27 minutes
Power To The Small Business – Episode #10: The PR Code Crackers
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
– Embrace your DNA and understand authenticity.
– Handle, adore, and respect your community.
– Build a personal brand.
– It’s about content, promotion, and community.
– Commit to doing something outside the box.
– Focus on social equity & currency rather than private equity.
Wine Library TV
Gary Vaynerchuk’s 101 Wines (Book)
– Is what I’m writing in my press release newsworthy?
– Present your release as a news story, not an ad
– Have a big hook.
– Don’t be self-serving.
– Publicity is easy to get.
– Publicity feeds on itself.
Cody Malone Website
Waco Today Story
Related posts on publicity:
Get Slightly Famous: How to Become a Celebrity in Your Industry
Pancakes and The Art of Brand Leadership
I Challenge Michael Moore to a Debate