Episode #21 of Power to the Small Business podcast.
The Internet show about small business marketing.
How do you solve the branding puzzle, especially if you’re an existing business? Your brand is your company’s most important asset, so you need to do it right.
Alina Wheeler is the author of Designing Brand Identity, now in it’s second edition. In this episode of Power to the Small Business, Alina Wheeler gives us four simple questions to answer. Answering those four questions is the start to designing your brand identity.
Guest: Alina Wheeler – Author, Designing Brand Identity
Length: 23 minutes
Press the play button on the player above and get started. Comments, questions about brand identity? Please share it in the comment section below.
Alina Wheeler: Show Notes on Brand Identity
The Four Branding Questions:
- Who are you?
– Seize every opportunity to tell your story.
– Convey why you are the choice the customers should make
– Be clear about what it is you have to offer.Understand your identity, reaffirm your uniqueness, share your passion. Go back to why you became an entrepreneur in the first place. “If you are not different (than your competition) then you don’t deserve to have a brand.”
- Who needs to know?List all the people in your universe that affect your success: Your best customers, vendors, communities, competition, media, advisors.
- How will they find out?Take an inventory of all touchpoints. Which are the most important for who needs to know. Website, blog, face-to-face.
- Why should they care? Is your business really filling a real customer need?
There is a lot of misconceptions about what it is. Brand Identity is a tangible expression. You can see it, touch it, hear it.
The Book: Designing Brand Identity
A step-by-step guide to creating dynamic mobile marketing campaigns.
Alina Wheeler – Alina Wheeler’s website