Episode 95 of Power to the Small Business Podcast
Don’t think of LinkedIn as your typical social media marketing channel. It requires different tactics than Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and all the others. LinkedIn is it’s own breed; a breed that requires some pro-activity and a little elbow grease. But the rewards are measurable. In this episode of the Power to the Small Business podcast, LinkedIn marketing expert Josh Turner helps us understand the best strategies for using LinkedIn to grow our business.
Featured Segment Expert: Josh Turner – Founder of LinkedSelling
Host: Jay Ehret of TheMarketingSpot.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
(email subscribers and feed service readers click here to listen to the podcast: LinkedIn Marketing Solutions)
To receive new podcast episodes and the latest blog articles by email, use the link below and enter your email address. (We keep these private and don’t give or sell them to anyone)
Receive The Marketing Spot podcast and blog by email
In this episode of Power to the Small Business:
- New Online Virtual Workshop: How to Create a Custom Marketing Plan to Transform Your Business
- Podcast Reformat and coming attractions
- The Power of Social Media Marketing
- How much time should you spend on social media?
- LinkedIn Marketing with Josh Turner of LinkedSelling.com
LinkedIn Marketing Show Notes
Who should be looking to market their business on LinkedIn:
- B to B companies
- B to C companies by
- Utilizing LinkedIn as a tool to develop press opportunities.
- Reaching out to potential business partners
What is “doing LinkedIn?”
- Identifying prospects
- Creating a campaign to reach those people with a call to action.
- What are your goals?
- What activities will help you achieve those goals?
Your profile is just the foundation. It takes proactive work to get results.
Best LinkedIn Activities:
- Use it as a prospecting tool to generate leads
- People search
- Participating in Groups
- Sending Connection requests
- Sending messages to prospects a group you share
What is a LinkedIn Campaign: Identifying a set of prospects and then designing a set of activities over a period of time with a specific call to action scheduled for the end of that campaign.
1. Set up your profile
2. Send out invites to all your contacts in your address book
3. Create a company page
4. Review the people in your company: what message are they communicating?
1. Get active with content distribution.
2. Post status updates from your profile and company page. Once per day is good.
3. Share in groups and develop conversations. Twice per month start a conversation.
1. Send people a connection request on LinkedIn before you meet with them
- Then look at their connections on LinkedIn.
- Look for specific people to ask for an introduction during your meeting
2. Participate in LinkedIn Groups
- You can reach out to the connections of other group members
Workshop: Create a Custom Marketing Plan for Your Business
Josh Turner on LinkedIn